Another report from Graham Clarke:
It was a quieter day last Saturday. Nigel and Beth were busy stripping and preparing 55019’s no.2 cab back to bare metal. This is the first time a thorough job’s been done in a very long time. They were also there on Sunday with Nat as well. Thanks very much.
Steve was busy with the seemingly never ending task of cleaning and preparing 55019’s engine room floor. I’m sure the oil and crud is alive and runs off when humans come near, only to reappear when your standing there with a wet paint brush.
I was having domestic appliance problems at my mother’s house and got there late as a result. I did manage to finish a prototype scaffolding frame for safe working on the top of locos. This now needs signing off from a construction and safety point of view. It will then be trialled on 55019.
I also tested some contactor coils with a view to changing the tired ones on 55019’s auxiliary generator contactors. These are causing auxiliary power problems when two engines are running.
During the week, I’ve been trying to obtain new cab heater elements. It’s a bit of a challenge when it’s 50 years and more old.
Thanks to everyone for your support.